Ray Kelly (deceased)

Ray and Sandra 1985
Raymond W. Kelly, Jr.
  • July 2, 1944 - July 28, 2012
  • Lima, Ohio
Ray started with Xerox as a salesman in 1972 in the Corbin, KY area.  He was a very focused and high energy sales representative but his biggest asset was he made a friend of every prospect and customer.

K David Robertson ask me (Jim Kincer) to train Ray considering I had the territory next to Rays territory.  One thing that I learned very quickly, ray was all business, there was no kidding around, strictly business!  

I remember the first sales call Ray and I made together, in Corbin. It was a medium size factory, Ray and I got out of his car, and as I walked toward the door, I turned to find that Ray was still gathering notebooks, files and other sales material fro his car!  I walked back and ask him what he was going to do with all of that "stuff', his reply was, "well, I want to make sure I can answer any question they might have"!  After that, we had a little meeting in the car!  The call went well and he did get the business!  

John Robison shared the following:  Ray was a very nice person, Donna and I had some fun times with he and Sandy on a Presidents Club trip.  I made Ray a "Xerox Agent" in Corbin in 1984 and I remember he was also in the computer business.

"OBITUARY"
Raymond W. "Ray" Kelly, Jr., 68 of Lima, Ohio died on Saturday, July 28, 2012, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima.
Born Sunday, July 2, 1944 in Dayton, Ohio, he was the son of the late Raymond Kelly and the late Virgie Robbins Kelly. On December 12, 1965 he married Sandra K. "Sandy" Jackson and she survives in Lima. 
Mr. Kelly was a graduate of Belmont High School Class of 1962 in Dayton, Ohio. He also graduated from Cumberland College in Williamsburg, KY in 1970 and got a M.A. from Union College Barbourville, KY in 1972. He also served in the U. S. Navy from 1962 till 1966. He was a college recruiter and salesman for 42 years. He loved his Lord, Jesus Christ and was a deacon in the Southern Baptist Church. He was an avid Ohio State Buckeye and Cincinnati Reds fan. He was a very loving husband, father, and grandfather.
Surviving is a son, Brian (Crystal) Kelly of Lima, OH; daughter, Laura Roark of London, KY; three grandchildren; Brian E. Kelly, Ian A. Kelly and Chelsea Roark; one great granddaughter Rylie Kay Roark; and also two sisters; Ruby (Ray) Potter of Kettering, OH and Betty (Don) Hammond of Gold Canyon, AZ.
He was preceded in death by a brother, Denny Kelly.
Funeral service were at Chamberlain-Huckeriede Funeral Home, Lima, Ohio with the 
Rev. John McMinn officiating.
Interment is in Allentown Cemetery, Allentown, Ohio.

No comments:

Click Older Posts (Right) To See More!