Ed J. Lloyd

Ed and Vallerie Lloyd
1975
Ed J. Lloyd
Dawsonville, GA

Email:  (Click Here)

I am surprised how often I find myself thinking back remembering the “good old days at Xerox,” and wondering what everyone is doing today. I tried calling the branch several years ago to see if anyone was still there that I knew. After being told by the receptionist again and again “never heard of that person” I finally said just give me the oldest person there. That’s when Marilyn Becht answered the phone. (Only kidding)  But that was what I told Marilyn when she answered. I can’t tell you what she told me to do with the phone.

1977
I started with Xerox in 1974 when Mark Eisner was the branch manager on Breckinridge Lane. Roy Goldblatt got me the interview with Ron Hoffman, against his better judgment, hired me. In 1978, after being declined by Bill Allen and Dick Snyder, Kodak offered me the job of opening their first branch in Kentucky. Shortly thereafter I convinced Kodak management to go out on a limb and hire Roy Goldblatt. I moved to Atlanta with Kodak in 1985. Our division was sold to Danka in 1997. In 2000 I went to Lexmark International till November of 2010 when I got a separation package.  My trophy wife Vallerie was with Bell South and AT&T from 1978 till she took a separation package in 2009.

Our Home 
Since we have no kids we replaced the joy, sorrow and frustration of raising children with building eight homes: four in Louisville and five in Atlanta. We just moved into our last home in March of 2010. We currently live in Dawsonville Georgia which is forty five minutes north of Atlanta.

We are currently looking for a second home in Asheville NC. We love Dawsonville but there are three or four months in the summer you want to live in cooler climate.

Churchill Downs
We were recently in Louisville for the Breeders Cup. A friend of mine who was a trainer at Churchill Downs got us passes to the backside where you can really get close to the action. That was a lot of fun.


Email: (Click Here)
Phone: (Click Here)
Ed  and  Valerie            2016            Salome   and   Bear 
June 1, 2019 - Ed and Vallerie have both retired and moved back to Louisville.  They are currently in Nortons Commons while building a new home in Locust Creek!  I will provide more information as available.

No comments:

Click Older Posts (Right) To See More!