Jim McCubbin

Jim and son 1975

Jimmy McCubbin
 
Houston, Tx. 77024
Birthday: Dec. 30, 1941 
Xerox: Louisville, Lexington KY 
May 1973-October 1980,  
Manager: K. David Robertson.  
Jim 2006
I left for a brief 2 years to sell hospital computer systems for Shared Medical Systems with Oscar Wiygul who left Xerox earlier and was a branch manager for Sperry Univac. He recruited me and we moved to Houston. Almost 3 years later they shut down the Energy Branch of Sperry. Oscar moved to Washington D.C and I spent almost 3 years with a computer firm (PSI Energy Software) based in Calgary Canada, serving the Houston energy market. They went bankrupt and I went back into the financial world (pre Xerox I was a banker at 1st National Bk. of Louisville). 

In Sept. 1986 I started working for Shearson Lehman Bros.(retired on July 31, 2010), Shearson Lehman has merged and changed names many times, now known as Morgan Stanley Smith Barney. I have officed in the Houston Galleria and had the same phone number for 24 yrs.  I retired this year, July 31, 2010. 

Janice and I have been married for 50 years. Our children are as follows: Vicky Constantine (husband Jerry) live in Louisville they have a daughter Nicole and she has a daughter Bria 7yrs old (our best great granddaughter), Jimmy McCubbin, Jr. (wife Susan) lives within 3 miles of our home in Houston. 3 children, Tanya 23 yrs of age student at Univ. of Houston, Jimmy III 22 yrs of age student at Houston Community College, and Jarrod 20 yrs of age student Texas A/M.  Gene McCubbin (wife Stacy) lives within about 9 miles from us in Houston. They also have 3 children Jarron 20 yrs old student at Houston Baptist University, Jordan 17 year old High School Jr. and Jonathan 13 year old 6th grade student in Houston.


I have ridden in the annual Houston Rodeo Trailride (about 45 miles) every year for the past 16 yrs. and I have discovered snow skiing in my old age (started at age 60) and I ski with my son Gene and his 3 sons every year since then.  

I consider myself extremely lucky to have the family and many friends I have gathered over these many years. 
Janice and Jim McCubbin on a Cruise in Russia
Sept. 2011

Click Older Posts (Right) To See More!