Skip Winfree

Dennis " Skip" and Lee Winfree. 
Anchorage, Alaska 
Birthday: 2/16/1945 
Email: (Click Here)

I was with  Xerox from 1970 to 1979.  First in Lexington for K David Robertson and in 1973, Xerox moved me to Alaska until I left in 1979.


I had been in Anchorage in 1968, serving  as an Army officer after finishing college at FSU. After the service, returned to Florida in late 1970 to attend law school at FSU. After my 1st. year, (living in a trailer with two children, two jobs and going to law school), I decided "law" wasn't for me. That's when I interviewed for the job with Xerox. 

In 1973, an old Army buddy, also with Xerox in Anchorage, ask if I would be interested in returning to Alaska to help start a Xerox Branch Office. We returned to Alaska for our new adventure and I stayed with Xerox through the oil pipeline boom. In 1979. 
Also, in 1979, my wife, Judi and I divorced (Judi passed away 1989 from cancer).  You will remember, Judi and I had 2 children....Sharon Ann and Robert while we were in Alaska.  
In the early 1980's, my current wife, Lee and I were married and raised my son and daughter.  We now have 5 grandchildren!  Rob has 2 and Sharon has 3.
For a short time, I founded a real estate development company but, in 1980 bought a small seafood company called 10th and M Seafoods.  I had been brokering Salmon and Halibut around the world during 1979 and found I was very sucessful at it. 
Throughout the 80" and 90's our seafood company grew into an international business. 10th and M Seafoods carries over 350 seafood products, processes and markets salmon and halibut to grocery chains, retail stores and  wholesalers throughout the USA and Europe. We are also the largest shipper of perishables by Fed-Ex from Alaska. This is a family business with son Rob VP and Lee is Secretary/Tresurer.  
Our Web site is:  10thandMseafoods.com
My hobbies include hunting, fishing, flying and racing sports cars. I began racing Porsches in 1979 on the ice in Anchorage and in 1985 turned professional racing at the 24hrs of Daytona. and the 12 hrs of Sebring. We have raced Porsche's many times throught the US. Retiring from pro ranks in the early 90's.to focus on business. However, in 2005, together w/the Porsche factory, I started a new team to campaign a prototype in the Rolex Spots Car series, beginning with the Daytona 24hr. race in 2006 where we set a new track record and finished 3rd. In our next race, (the Miami Grand Prix) we set a new track record and won our 1st race. Our sponsor was the Ruby Tuesday Restrauant chain for the next 3yrs and we ended a very successful campaign in 2009. Even today, I still enjoy racing in historic sports car races with our 1960 Porsche roadster.  We race throughout the US, mostly on the west coast.
In Alaska, everyone must fly to get around, and since1969  we have had a Piper Cub and continue to fly around Alaska, hunting and fishing with son-in-law, whenever we can sneak away.  


Skip recently appeared in a reality show called "Mounted in Alaska" on the HISTORY Channel.




Skip at 16 years old


         Click Here to see more of Skip's Pictures

No comments:

Click Older Posts (Right) To See More!